Wednesday, April 8, 2009


I've had to apply for a 5 day extension to my finance clause for my land as the file is back with credit to get all the boxes ticked. My broker has all the results and was telling me that it's all fine but they just don't have the actual official approval yet and it's going to be about 4 days.

My valuation came back short by about $3k which while frustrating, can be for the heater/aircon and not a major issue, I can get a cheaper one if I want (I put in the higher quote) OR I can use my savings which more than covers it, so while good to have that answer, it's a bit frustrating.

I also got a registered letter notification in the snail mail today... my rent is being increased from June 12th to $1387 from $1214 which is almost a 15% increase.... decision time has come - challenge it or move.


  1. I'd say stay. The cost of moving then moving again into the house would probably be more then your extra rent, not to mention the stress of moving twice!!!

  2. Aren't you glad that you won't have this rent hassle when you get to move into your new house! It's a PITA the way the banks stuff you around.

    Good luck!

  3. J I'm sooooooo looking forward to not being a renter by the end of the year!!

    Michael it's a tough one, I'm going to think about it for a bit and probably challenge the increase with consumer affairs