Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm a rates payer!

That's right, today in the mail I got my first ever rates notice!!! It's actually kind of exciting! It's the first bit of mail for my new house!! -squeal- It even has my actual street number on it (which I already knew) and not just a lot number!! Unfortunately though, like most of my snail mail letters these days, it was a bill, but a relatively small one compared to the other snail mail invoice I got today, my lock up invoice -faints-

According to council, my land is valued at less than what I paid for it but considering that the rates are calculated on this value I am MORE than happy for it to be lower :)

How adult like, I'm now paying a mortgage and council rates!!

Yes, I know it's VERY odd to be getting excited about a council rates notice, but it's the first one I have ever had and it's kind of a big thing in a way for me :D It's almost like a welcome letter to the City of Whittlesea!

(I'm such a loser I know! -puts l shaped hand to forehead- hahahahaha)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I know exactly what you mean. It felt very "grown-up" to receive a rates notice and then it hits you that this is another drain on the funds.

    For me the rates notice was how I discovered our street number which was also exciting for me - OH didn't really see why though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one! hahah :D I get it, so don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete