Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More to learn

Not having a garden at all I am a bit slow on the uptake for where we are at with water restrictions etc at the moment. According to Yarra Valley Water
  • Lawns cannot be watered by residents, businesses and local councils. There are some exempt playing surfaces that can be watered.
  • Manual dripper systems can be used between 6 am - 8 am on your watering days.*
  • Hand-held hoses fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering cans and buckets can be used to water gardens between 6 am – 8 am on your watering days.


Sooooooo seeing as you can no longer apply for exemptions for new grass, it looks like a water tank will be a higher priority than the actual garden - fair call too.

It might also be time to start research watering systems to use too seeing as I know nothing about them all.

I figure for my vegie patch I will use some kind of hose that sites on top of the soil (under the lucern mulch though) and will try to maybe connect that up to an automatic timer and something similar for the rest of my garden too.

Gee another steep learning curve ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment