Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bugger! Rent increase stays

I just got a phone call from Consumer Affairs about my rental increase enquiry... I have to pay the increased amount :(

He asked me about the place and I said it was a very small 3 bedroom unit... and then there was a chuckle on the other end of the line, bugger! Basically no matter the condition, falling paint, tiny rooms etc etc they wont have a problem getting that rent on the rental market if the place was empty, bugger!

He did however say that I can issue a notice to fix within 14 days for the bathroom and then if they don't I can take it to Consumer Affairs and VCAT will laugh at them if it gets that far, especially if I be very co-operative and say I can shower at work during the time they take to fix etc etc so I will be sending that off to them tomorrow! If I am going to pay more rent, I want better conditions!

Hrmmm what else needs fixing?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment