Monday, May 4, 2009

What's in a name?

-sigh-

Land settlement might not be tomorrow :(

The bank in all their wisdom decided to drop my middle name off my loan and mortgage documents. For what reason we do not know, but all other documentation (land and building contracts etc etc) all have my full name so the problem is clearly with the bank.

As a result, I need to sign all new documents at the bank -grrr- Due to it being the fault of the bank, my mortgage broker has escalated it with their company's manager contact at Westpac and hopefully this means the documents will be ready to sign at my local branch this afternoon. She is also asking that, due to it being their fault, they go ahead with settlement tomorrow as scheduled based on a faxed copy of my documents knowing that the signed documents will be on their way.

Obviously this being discovered the day before scheduled settlement isn't ideal and combine that with the fact that I am in Sydney Wednesday to Friday this week, it's really far from great.

I'm guessing it's due to my existing account with them (car loan) doesn't have my middle name.

Lets see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment