My PCI inspection is tomorrow! Yes, tomorrow!! It's amazing to think that I have survived the journey ;) The build has gone so smoothly and I am so pleased that it has considering how stressful it was dealing with the home loan application.
So tomorrow I will be armed with a clipboard, my electrical plan, a hairdryer and my camera! The hair dryer is for checking that all the power points work.
I have been compiling a list of things to check:
• Make sure you open and close lots of things eg all doors incl cupboards etc,
• open and close all windows
• check all taps and make sure the water drains away.
• Check all paint work
• look down the side of the walls where the light shines onto it.
• Make sure all doors have the weather strips
• check that the roof insulation is tidy and even.
• Check for chipped bricks and discoloured or missing mortar.
• Make sure there are no missing roof tiles.
• Make sure the windows aren't scratched on the frame or glass.
• Check that no tiles are pointing (higher than others). (bare feet)
• Make sure toilets are centered in the space and flush properly.
• Exhaust fans work
• check under the vanities to check that when they drilled the holes to get the plumbing through they did a good job
• check the cabinetry
• check the sliding door handles are all the same styles
• check the windows to make sure they didn't get paint sprayed on them - you may need to feel for the paint as it may not show up in the light
• check the sliding doors are level and shut properly
• check for all the extra power points are there
• Take a hair dryer to test every single power point works
• Check all lights turn on